One of the downsides to moving between programming languages is that you inevitably lose all the base code you’ve gotten used to using. When I was using Actionscript 3 regularly, I wrote Slang to meet the lack of a scripting language that ran inside of Flash and ended up using it for a number of purposes in my subsequent game projects. The most useful application I found for it was for setting up cutscenes and scripted sequences, and I’ve missed using it now that I’m spending more of my time using C#.
Rather than porting Slang to C# (which would have been quite an ordeal), I’ve been playing around with Lua in an attempt to recreate a similar system. Here’s the first draft of how a scene might be set up.